This mid century classic Bernina hails from approximately 1973 and is a true gem for those who are serious about sewing. The 730 has many features that make it a very versatile machine, and the Swiss engineering ensures precision!
Bernina Record 730 Features
- Metal construction with some nylon gears*
- Front facing hook & bobbin loading with good access
- Knee lift option (lifter arm is not included)
- Feed dog drop for embroidery and darning
- Adjustable stitch width max of 4mm
- Adjustable needle position
- Buttonhole features
- 20 decorative patterns built in
- Extra fine stitch length regulator
- Two speed motor
- Light at the left end of the machine
- Lever release long-shank feet (one included)
- Four level swing out accessory tray with spool and bobbin pins
- Bobbin winder under the right flip-up panel
- Easy top access for oiling
- Large, sturdy carrying case
This sewing machine comes with one presser foot, a darning hoop, the flat bed, a good original pedal, good cords, the original manual, and the accessory tray.
*The nylon gear that runs the cam stack, a common problem for these machines, is new.
14” High x 21.5" Wide (case) and the machine itself is approximately 11.5” High x 15" Long x 7.5" Wide
The photos included in this listing show the item you will receive. Community Forklift merchandise is all previously owned; please review the photos carefully to assess condition. This listing includes only what is described and no additional items are included. Please raise any questions before purchasing at email@example.com. Be advised that we do not place holds on any items listed online and they may sell at any time.
- Pick-up will be available during open warehouse hours: Monday – Friday 12-5 pm and weekends from 10-5 pm.
- We offer 5 days of storage. You must pick up your item within 5 days of purchase. After 5 days, the item may be resold. If it is resold you will be refunded 75% of the purchase amount.
- We have staff available to load items. We strongly encourage you to bring help to load large purchases. Our staff will help as much as they can but will not load large, bulky, and heavy items into inappropriate vehicles.
- Shipping is not available. In-store pickup only.
Every time you donate or shop at Community Forklift, you’re helping us lift up local communities through reuse. We turn the construction waste stream into a resource stream for communities in the DC region – by keeping perfectly good items out of the landfill, preserving historical materials, providing low-cost building supplies, and creating local green jobs.